THE GRAMMAR TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD,
PRESENTED BY ATEG AND GRAMMARFLIP
The Assembly for the Teaching of Grammar, a grammar-focused assembly of the National Council of Teachers of English, is excited to announce The Grammar Teacher of the Year Award, Presented by ATEG and GrammarFlip.
This award will be given to a teacher with a particular interest in and passion for teaching English grammar. The winner will receive a certificate, a $200 check, a year's subscription to GrammarFlip (a $200 value), and free registration for the 2021 ATEG Conference.
Interested in being considered for the award? Here’s what you need to do and know:
- Write a personal statement of 300-500 words describing your approach to grammar instruction and how it has worked for you and your students.
- Include two "teaching artifacts" illustrating the effectiveness of your work. Artifacts can take a number of forms; some possibilities are student work excerpts, lesson plans, student testimonials, and measures of student growth.
- Email the personal statement and teaching artifacts by February 1st, 2021 to Sean Ruday (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Grammar Teacher of the Year Award.”
- Current teachers of any level (elementary, middle, high school, college) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be current members of ATEG. If you're not yet a member of ATEG, you can join at the same time you apply.
- For more information, please contact Sean Ruday at email@example.com